Friday, July 1, 2011

Flashback Friday: Bathtime Splashes

Well, #smithcleansweep11 is plodding along. We got a bit derailed this morning. I was excited to spend my last vacation day relaxing and sleeping in since the 2-year old was at Nana's. However, the 85-year old had other plans. :) Thank goodness we are here to help, and thank goodness he asks for it. Alas, that is a story for another day.

Before I get to Flashback Friday I want to show you my desk in my house. If you've seen our house or even my desk at work you know I'm a pile-er. I get it from my mom and Grandma Girton, papers get stacked and go in piles. I know what's in each of them, and where they are. There does come a point though, the piles can get to be too much. And now that we have a budding artist in the house who brings home a 'report card' every day he goes to school we have waaaayyyyy too much paper. Here's my desk before:



And after:



I love my desk accessories, I picked them up at Wal Mart. They were pretty inexpensive and I hope that having a system (bills/to-do stuff in the left box, filing in the right) will help keep the paper off the kitchen table. That being said, I have about two years worth of filing under my desk at work so I'm not expecting miracles.

Onto Flashback Friday! This video is from April of 2010, Connor was just 8 1/2 months old. He was still taking baths in his baby bathtub, but we put it in the big bathtub. This was one of the first times that we filled up the whole tub along with the little one. He's always loved the water, as you can see:



We are hoping for a relaxing 4th of July weekend, and right now it looks like the Bohler/Smith Fireworks Extravaganza will not be happening for 2011. Life just got in the way today. We hope it'll make a comeback for 2012. We'll make up for it by using the kiddie stash to entertain our 17 different neighbor kids. It'll be a new kind of firework show. Have a great 4th of July holiday!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! The after looks amazing Jamie! I hope you can keep it that way! I am a very organized person - a little OCD about it actually! LOL Happy 4th!

    ReplyDelete