Sunday, June 21, 2009

Father's Day Shopping Spree


Happy Father's Day! Scott is enjoying the last hours of his first real father's day. Sure he's gotten cards and gifts from the animals before but I'm sure he appreciates onsies and baby socks that will be worn by a human soon. His Mom got him some really nice Colts things that he got to open before they left on vacation. He got a few more Colts things today - including a matching jersey for game day! They don't make those smaller than 12 mos that I could find so hopefully our little guy won't mind posing for a few photos with it all pinned up in the back!

We spent most of the day in Greenwood doing some last minute shopping to get ready for baby. Yes, we still have six weeks til our due date but sometimes that doesn't seem all that far away! We picked up a few things at Buy Buy Baby that we needed (including that first aid kit I was so worried about!) and also picked up a few things on sale at Babies R Us. We did go to Target yesterday and used a lot of our gift cards to pick up the Soothing Center that Scott really, REALLY wanted for the baby. I think we have all the necessities for bringing baby home now - but I still have to organize it and put it away which is actually a fun process for me.

You want to see why I'm starting to understand the reality of a baby getting here soon? It's quite obvious to me now! Back in April at 26 weeks I starting 'showing'...or so I thought. This was about 10 weeks after I had to be wearing maternity clothes all the time. Then at 29 weeks which was right around graduation I knew I was more obviously pregnant because we had a bit of trouble with the graduation gown - I wasn't sure it would fit through the end of the day! Well...take a look at the photo Scott took of me today at 34 weeks 1 day....



Yep, there's a baby in there. We have our doctor's appointment on Tuesday and we are having our next growth scan. At 26 weeks he was 2 lbs. 9 oz and in the 88th percentile for growth. Any guesses for what he'll be this week? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment