Friday, June 5, 2009

Bad Blogger!

Boy have we been bad bloggers! After graduation started a crazy month of baby prep, work, weekend events and an unexpected surprise!

After graduation we had our first race at ORP that night, so both Scott and I had to work. The next weekend was my birthday on the 17th and we also had a little party to celebrate my graduation. So many of our friends and family stopped by - I was so grateful! Here is a photo from the party when we cut the cake. Word to the wise - dark navy blue icing turns your entire mouth and tongue blue! It was so fun - the party and the cake.

The very next weekend was the Indy 500 and most of you know that is Scott's very favorite day of the year. We had the TourHendricksCounty.com Night before the 500 at ORP on Saturday and then Sunday Scott and our friends Mike & Jenn headed out at 7:20 am to get to IMS for the big race! This was the first one I missed since 2001, so of course Helio finally won his third! We did establish that Scott needs to sleep more before heading out and that next year the drinking will need to be curbed a bit with a baby to take care of once we get home.

Last weekend my friends Deb & Jan threw me a PDK baby shower and I had a wonderful time. My cake was too cute and it was very nice to spend time with all my PDK buds. We got lots of things for Baby Smith - I'm sure he will be a good future member! Here is a slideshow of some photos below:



On that same day my co-worker who was due July 28th just three days before me welcomed her baby girl just a tad early. Both mom and baby are doing fine, baby is just tiny. It came as a surprise and we had TONS to do a work that she had planned. Therefore I spent a fair bit more time working these last two weeks followed by couch time and sleep since it did wear me out. Sometimes I forget that I am pregnant!

Tomorrow (6/6) I will be 32 weeks with only 8 weeks to go! I still can't believe it's really happening. Fingers crossed everything keeps moving along well. We start labor and delivery classes on Tuesday, a doctor's appointment on Wednesday and a Newborn care class next Saturday. I'm sure Scott will have something to say about that!

Sorry again for the length between posts - we'll try to be better. I'm sure you will all stick around until the main event - baby Smith's big arrival. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment