Friday, July 31, 2009

Amazed




That's all I can really say! :) I got a photo of his eyes open as he turned 24 hours old last night; doesn't he look sooooo serious?

As we start on Day two of having Connor around (he is off getting circumcised right now...I'm sure he is NOT enjoying it!) it is still just so unbelievable. He is so adorable and is doing so well. We are very, very blessed to have such a healthy little guy. We had a bit of an issue with blood sugars when he was first born, but that cleared up within an hour and then today they keep checking him for jaundice, but it clears up on the second test. Hopefully he will keep eating and that will quickly become a non-issue.

We have had so many wonderful guests - as a matter of fact Mr. Dawes just left. He and Dr. Sparzo have stopped by a few times and we really appreciate it. Emiley was by last night, my friend Lori came then night before she moved to Minnesota (miss you already!) Lynne has been here, Debbie, Jan & Doug and of course the grandparents!! Be sure to tell Grampie Jim and Grandma Nanny congrats along with Gramma Nella and Grandpa Vinnie. Rumor has it Uncle Jason will be by today, along with Great-Grandpa Bob, Cory, Jackie and maybe Great-Grandma Mary Ann.

We should be going home tomorrow afternoon as long as things continue to go well. I am recovering just fine from the c-section - it isn't as bad as I expected. I'm very grateful Dr. B chose to do it when he did, I think that is why I can get up and around so well. The nurses and the docs have all been wonderful! The only not so wonderful group is the photographers - but Sarah B. warned me on that one! :o) We'll want some newborn photos once we get home - does anyone have a suggestion?

I am going to try and catch a quick nap while the baby and Daddy are away. Wish me luck! We are looking forward to seeing you all soon and thank you so much for all your well wishes and prayers through this journey. We love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment